October 31, 2006

Clouds

Saturday, 28th October :

Bus transfer to Phitsanuloke that it would not be fair to call uneventful : in most of the central plain, and especially around Nakhon Sawan, the fields are under the water and local people seem to have a very hard time.

In Phitsanuloke, I wanted to visit the Wat Yai which is well-known for its most-revered Buddha but HR the Princess was visiting the place and relieving the people for their difficulties, so it will be for another time. I staid there until the arrival of the official suite and just had a short glance at the princess. I had to leave quickly because I had reserved a car for hire and had to get it in the airport.

The evening was spent in the local disco (Picasso in Toplands Plaza building) where Tam saw a lot of gay people ... I only saw cute guys in huge quantity ... 

Sunday 29th, Monday 30th October

We both drove the car until Tam's house in Phrae province, but of course Tam was the driver for the last part of the journey so that he could be seen by everyone. Tam drives quite well and I am completely relaxed when he takes the wheel. We arrived at his house with beer in due quantity for the evening.
Alas the party was not up to my expectations ... Tam properly forgot me for the whole evening, leaving me with nice people that I did not know (except for his mother) while he had a birthday party outside with his own friends.

I have to say I did not sleep very well in his bedroom, where I waited him until early in the morning .. in fact he had come back in the night but was so drunken he slept in another room. He told me later that he could not sleep with me because his bedroom had just been built and had still not been blessed by the monks ; having sex in it would have been a great sin and he was afraid he could not control himself because of his drunkenness... Well that makes sense, doesn't it ?

Nevertheless I felt very noijay (hurt, feel neglected by) as thai say, when trying to sleep. To tell the truth, I promised myself this night to break with Tam at the end of my stay or even as soon as the rent car would be returned.

On the following day, we used the car to make some sight seeing with Nuy, a young nephew ; she comes from a very poor family and is a brilliant pupil at school, I just hope she will able to go as far as possible in her studies. I brought her some gifts including an english dictionnary. 

Tam and Nuy in front of Huay Rong waterfall in Phrae province
Tam and Nuy in front of  Huay Rong waterfall in Phrae province

The rest of the day was spent in Tam's house ; relaxing outside, I was more interested by the young neighbour than by my newspaper ... he seems to arouse much interest among the local girls (and I can easily understand them) ; there is always one of them in his house. Sorry for these young people, they will have to go back to school very soon ...

Once again the evening was a great disappointment for me. We went outside for a meal with Nuy, Tam's mother and one of his friend and had a great time. But Tam had invited other friends for a party in the same place, and he quickly made clear that I was not welcome in this party ... so I paid, brought the woman and the girl back home and slept very poorly once again. I was already making plans on how I will get rid of Tam and thought the sooner, the better ... 

Tuesday, October 31st

Before leaving Tam's house, his mother tied white threads around our wrists, and then we left for the north, driving through quiet mountain roads. I drove myself, Tam had probably still a lot of alcool in his blood.

We are now in Chiang Khong, a quiet backpacker place along the Mae Khong. Tam has found an efficient  massage place to relieve his still ailing leg, which makes him quite happy. Just before twilight, we drove along the Mae Khong river facing the spectacular lao territory. And I will not forget the sex session we had in the guesthouse : trying not to make any noise because our neighbours would have heard it was very exciting ...

I love to be with Tam in this kind of place and I think he likes it too ... Breaking with him will not be an easy task ...

Huay Sai viewpoint near Chiang Khong
Mekong view from Huay Sai viewpoint

No comments: