October 20, 2006

Arrival

Here I am again in Thailand ... and on my own for the first time since 3 years, as Tam has still not recovered enough to come and see me in Bangkok. This makes me feel a great sense of freedom, but in the same time I miss Tam when getting up in the morning, having meals and going outside together ... I think we should meet next week but he doesn't recover very quickly it seems.

After having read lots of bad stories about the new Suwannaphum airport, I was pleasantly surprised because everything went quite smoothly ... I arrived yesterday at about 3pm flying Austrian Airline Y class... besides the too small arrival area, everything was at least about as good as Don Muang. It was a little bit hard to find the escalator for going down to the public taxi area and finally got there easily (1st floor) ; I waited no more than three minutes and a nice taxi driver came, he even did not take the route I suggested him and he was right as his choice was better. All in all 207 THB + 50 airport surcharge + 65 THB tolls + tip = 365 THB.

Arrival in  new Suwannaphum airport  On the way to paradise .....

I was in my hotel about 1 hour after landing, longer than coming from Don Muang but thai are not to be blamed if I choose to stay in Saphan Kwai rather than closer to the new airport ...

Yesterday I used my new freedom and went to a small message place (Eve House) in Suriwong. I had a nice message by a young beauty from Tak, but he was very shy when the "special" part came ... I went then in the next-door gogobar named Night Boys ; I had read someone telling that the boys there are cuter than average and he was absolutely right (drinks 200 THB)...

Before going to bed I still found some energy for going to Be High in Saphan Kway (very nice boys, as it is generally the case, drinks 140 THB) and still to Eagle Pub where most boys were already "offed".

Good start for a first day in LOS ...

No comments: