October 24, 2018

Enjoy

Let’s enjoy Thailand as long as we can. This is what I told myself when booking another flight which brought me to Bangkok five days ago. When reading threads on the boards such as “Sunee some years ago”, I cannot help think that in 10 years we will probably read reports about “Thailand 10 years ago” and then we will have only eyes to weep.

Rap ngan
Before coming again, I tried to secure some contacts using Facebook and was quite impressed by the number of young men offering their services, the usual word for this being now rap ngan (accept work). I quickly discovered that students are now on holiday since the beginning of October and for the whole month. And as they always need some funds, if only for going touring somewhere, they use the easiest way that the young men use nowadays.

Speaking frankly, I did not go very far with this kind of offer as the risks are rather significant. I will just post a picture of two of these young men as they posted all over Facebook offering their services.

So these first days were rather quiet with four days in Bangkok and two in Pattaya. What struck me most at first were the frequent rain showers, and as a possible consequence the rather low number of tourists especially on Pattaya. Not that I am to complain about this of course.

What are the news in Bangkok ? Well Soi Twilight was not too bad with the greatest void being the closing of Dicks Café. I have not been setting a foot in the gogo bars for many years already, but Bonny Massage was open again after some rumour of a closure ; they seemed to have a nice group staffing the massage shop facing Dicks Café, whose name I cannot remember. Sorry that the most handsome guy in the pack gave a great massage but did not want to provide any special service. On the contrary the bars in Saphan Khwai are really quiet now, and Adam karaoke one of the oldest ones in the area, has now a “for rent” sign in front.

Rap ngan
My two nights in Jomtien were well used to roam the famous stretch of bars, as lively as ever. It remains difficult to find company in the “Cambodian” places where the boys sit with you only if being expressly invited … you just have to show very openly that you are interested. Once you have got to know one boy, he will not forget you (at least if he is not already busy) and this is the door to open before being admitted in the circle and treated like regular customers. In the bars who are mainly staffed by thais, the boys are most likely to approach.

I am now getting out of two day with the sex machine I met last year, just coming back from his isan province. This is a time when nothing matters except being in bed and playing, which brings me in an advanced stage of exhaustion. I will try to recover from to-morrow on, as I am booked on a flight to the North where I will stay five days just to see how they are doing now, and filling an empty space in the map of the thai provinces that I want to visit.

No comments: