November 4, 2007

Wall-to-wall sunshine

This is how our late friend David described the weather in Pattaya like it is to-day... and this expression made me drool over it more than once. To-day I am there and I can live it to its best.

Before coming in Pattaya I had another trip to Saranrom, and as it was on Friday night, I expected to see plenty of new faces. In fact I saw mainly a heavy police presence on my first trip at about 22 am ; the daxi driver explained me that it was often like this on the first week-end of each month ; potential customers having just gotten their monthly wages would rush in droves to see the boys, the boys would rush to service the customers and police would be ready to welcome everyone ...

I went back at about noon and the area was much more quiet except for the numerous cars rounding the place and picking up the boys in numbers ... one trip too much and the boy you had noticed was already gone. So I went back to the hotel alone - which was my first intention anyway, only to fantasize about the floor boy who takes his service at 1 am and that I would like to know better.

One warning about the Saranrom boys : on Friday I saw too many VERY underage boys especially on the west side of Wat Phra Kaew and I guess I can believe my taxi driver whan he warned me that some were used as live baits ...

Two days already in Pattaya and I staid the whole time with my new lao friend - I told him that I do not want to fall in love again and he accepts it but he makes abolutely nothing to help me in my courageous decision ...

No comments: