January 29, 2015

Charming Thailand as ever

Until now, everything bad that I had  read about Thailand has turned out to be false. I did not wait more than one minute at immigration where I arrived yesterday at 3.00 pm, the taxi queue system was OK and quick, and I was not ripped off by the taxi driver who turned the meter like they always had. And of course my hotel in Saphan Kwai was like before and I was welcomed like the old customer that I am.

Mundane trip ?
Arriving after a long flight does not allow to paint the town red (no pun intended dear khun General), so it was a quiet first night probably made easier by the visit I paid to a massage shop. I had read a review on the CFS website about the shop located in front of Liberty Garden hotel, which is very close to mine, so I could stay local for this.

The guy welcoming customers showed me the available boys on a tablet, and I chose him as soon as I saw his picture among the ones displaid : a very polite youngish northern boy,who offered a rather strong service with long and repeated strokes all the way from the feet to the head,  and then concentrating very gradually on the essential. Despite very little interaction, although there was no language barrier, I left happy and went directly to my bed. I saw later that I had been serviced by the same boy as the one in the CFS thread ... thank you to the writer if he reads this entry.

I really got the lay of the town to-day going to Central Latphrao for some shopping, and registering my phone number. The most mundane trip in this country is quickly turned into a feast due to the eye-candy on the way. As ever.


No comments: