October 30, 2019

Misfortunes and second thoughts

There had been this bad fall last year when visiting the Saranrom area ... and this year a pain (which passed quickly) in my foot when staying in Salaya, probably due to too many beers in Hua Hin. At the time, I was beginning mulling over the appropriateness to visit Thailand again, as a trip without beer could be quite boring and not really worth the effort and the money.

And here I was at 4,30 in the morning in my Jomthian hotel room, desperately trying to evacuate all the liquid (Red, soda, Coke, thank you !) I had taken during a long night in Tamnan Chon with three cambodian young men ... The night had been great, but ended in the Pattaya Memorial Hospital emergency service where a very efficient staff took good care of me. Some visits and medication later, everything is OK now but I must confess that my brain has been thinking hard for the three days I had to haul around a not so discreet medical device : should I come back to Thailand again ? Would'not I be better at home skipping the long flight and taking good care of my mother ?

I had scheduled only two days in Jomthian and planned to go back to Bangkok for some days, as well as a short trip to Udon and Nong Bua Lamphu ..; finally I cancelled everything and am now staying in my usual South Pattaya hotel : closer to the Hospital where I have to meet the doctor once again, and to the many facilities that I miss when staying in Jomthian : cheap laundry, eateries of all kinds, markets, commercial centers and so on.

dark-skinned thai boyPattaya seems to be much quieter than usual, although Soi Buakhao is still brimming with girlie bars and massage shops, and the usual bunch of farangs going along with them. I cannot say the same about Sunee Plaza where for the first time in my life I could feel the sad demise of this place where I have had so many great times before. The closing of Sky Bar, the quite ordinary selection of boys in Nice Bar, and these dark and desert sois, were now too hard to bear. As for Jomtian beach, it also seemed very quiet to me, at least in my concession which is a little farther than the most attended ones.

Finally I made up with Pattaya in a dark corner of Day&Night area where I was walking glancing at the boys on offer in front of the massage shops. Win, a 19/y old from Khorat had ventured out of his place to improve his chances of hitting on a customer and accosted me .. bingo ! he was exactly the kind of boy I was looking for : eager, dark-skinned and available. Massage was OK and the boy was not shy and ready for everything. One hour later I was already thinking of my next trip to Thailand !

2 comments:

kazki said...

He is very cute

Anonymous said...

Yum