November 12, 2019

Pattaya routine ... I like !

As soon as I arrived in Pattaya, I found myself embracing the daily routine : lazying two hours at the hotel roofpool, then having a nice 150 THB all-you-can-eat breakfeast at Apex Hotel (Mike Shopping Mall area) followed by sitting for 4/5 hours at Dong Tan beach : as a mountain boy I am never tired of gazing at the sea view. Coming back to my room, I would usually do some shopping or read magazines on my phone.

Sunset on Dong Tan gay beach in Pattaya
Another day in Pattaya
Only from 6,00 pm would the sechedule vary a little, with visits to different restaurants depending on the mood of the day : alone, I prefer to go to Kiss Restaurant or Salt and Pepper where lonely farangs are the norm, while I would treat my boy du jour to Oh-Aharn ; there I was surprised to find empty seats much more easily than before, even at peak hour.

In the evening, we are still spoilt for choice in Pattaya from massage shops to open-air bars and gogo-shows, but I did not visit a lot. I gave a second chance to Nice Boys but to no avail, and I just realise now that I did not enter any Boyztown bar, doing little more than a quick stroll in the area. I gave Sunee Plaza a short visit, as I had been lured into an almost desert The One Bar by a nice face - who disappeared as soon as I sat down ! Finally Jomtian Complex was once again the place to be, with BC Bar and @Home being the most welcoming. Some more remote places could give interesting results with some luck and some patience, like the new Akha Bar which just opened between Zing and Agate hotels ; a pity the boys there seemed more interested in chatting together than welcoming cuistomers, so that I will never know if they really are hilltribe Akha boys - not that it would matter !

I had two great massages in 41 Massage (former Somjit, near Tuk.Com) with very handsome young guys from Nong Khai ... nice experiences which make me more and more attracted to massage shops for meeting boys, especially as the queue system is now mostly a thing of the past. Compared with the bars, massage shops avoid all the trouble with drinks, mamasan, off, sleeping with a complete stranger and so on, and there are a lot of gems to be found.

Labanoon concert in Pattaya
Labanoon concert
Finally, I made my yearly pilgrimage to The Venue for their show, as well-done as ever. And above all I had the pleasure to make a dream come true : attending a live Labanoon concert. I am a fan of this group from southern Thailand and love their music more than any other thai artist (look thung artists apart). They came to Pattaya for Loy Krathong and I did not miss the chance, along with a cambodian boy who is a fan too. Despite a long wait, a huge crowd (99 % thai) took part and a great time was had by all.

Now back to Bangkok for two days (and one night !) before the unavoidable flight back home, where the daily routine will be MUCH more boring than in Pattaya !

No comments: